Help feed children in need, both physically and spiritually.
empower vulnerable children around the world with nutritious meals, quality education, safe drinking water, a caring community, spiritual discipleship, and hope, so that each child is known and loved, understanding their God-given worth and purpose.
The Gospel is both word and action. Declaring and demonstrating the Good News of Jesus Christ has always been – and will always be – at the heart of everything we do. We work with a variety of denominations and cultures, but the Gospel is what connects us all and leads us forward in unity and purpose.
More than 70% of people who come to faith in Christ do so before the age of 15. Childhood is the most receptive season in life, which is why Jesus said, “let the little children come to Me.” Our programs equip and empower children to be Gospel-centered agents of change in their communities for generations to come.
Jesus demonstrated the Gospel by making people whole – mind, body and soul. Our programs are holistic, empowering children to thrive physically, spiritually, emotionally, and economically. Often times, meeting physical needs opens the door for the rest.
All our international relief and development programs are envisioned, initiated and led by local Christian leaders held to high levels of trust and stewardship. Our aim is to equip and support the local church as they spread the Gospel and meet needs in ways effective for their unique cultural environment.
Our God is relational. He loves to accomplish His work through meaningful relationships within His Global Church. That’s why we believe partnering our church communities in the field with churches and schools in the U.S. accomplishes the greatest long-term, holistic impact for all involved.
Every person was created on purpose and for a purpose. No one else can live their purpose for them. We want to equip and empower every person we encounter – from the children in our programs to the volunteers on our mission teams – to live out their unique, God-given purpose.
Northern Ghana is predominantly Muslim and is in desperate need of the Gospel. Forward Edge’s new children's program, Create Hope Ghana is bringing the Gospel to 75 children in 73 families in desperate need.
Over 2.5 million people are living in extreme poverty in Haiti. Provide hope and help to vulnerable children, some of whom are trapped in a form of domestic slavery called restavek.
Children in this rural community are especially vulnerable to being orphaned and suffering from severe poverty and malnutrition.
Trigo y Miel is a community center and church serving extremely poor families in Olimpo on the outskirts of Oaxaca, Mexico.
Help provide vital resources as we reach the next generation of boys and girls with the love of Christ.
Give children in the slums of Uganda, many of whom are orphans, the tools they need to build brighter futures through our Light a Candle program.
Our Mission is to create opportunities for people to discover their true worth and pursue God’s extraordinary purpose for their lives.
Our Vision is to see activated churches and individuals in the U.S. and around the world empowering the vulnerable and growing as disciples of Jesus Christ.
1. God Initiated — Glorify God and further His purposes by responding to HIS initiatives.
2. Servanthood — Have the same attitude Jesus had (Phil. 2).
3. Relationships — Love people more than projects.
4. Meeting Needs — Address needs of the poor, the marginalized and the overlooked.
5. Participation — Provide opportunities for ordinary people to participate firsthand in furthering God’s Kingdom.
6. Changed Lives — Provide opportunities that facilitate personal transformation.
7. Partnership — Build and maintain meaningful partnerships.
8. Empowerment — Don’t do things for people; do things with people.
9. Integrity — Live lives consistent with our professed beliefs.
10. Stewardship — Wisely steward God’s resources.
1. We believe in God the Father, who through Christ created the heavens and earth, who is perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, fully God and fully man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, sinless in this life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death on the cross.
3. We believe in His resurrection, His ascension into heaven, and His high-priestly intercession for His people that they may experience full salvation and His indwelling presence.
4. We believe in His personal, visible return to earth according to His promise.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, sent to convict the world of sin, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower those who believe in Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that all people by nature and by choice are sinners, but that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
7. We believe that those who put their faith in Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice in God’s presence for eternity, but those who refuse to put their trust in Him will be forever separated from Him.
8. We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, divinely and uniquely inspired, absolutely trustworthy, and having supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
9. We believe in the Church, the body of Christ, of which Christ Himself is the Head, and of which all regenerated people are members.
10. We believe that Christ commissioned the Church to proclaim the gospel in word and deed throughout the world, to encourage believers in the faith, and to teach and train believers in the principles of godly, fruitful living.
11. We believe God created human beings male and female in His image, and designed sexual relations to be experienced only in the context of marriage between one biological man and one biological woman. These parameters were created to help us reflect His unique characteristics and understand Christ’s devoted relationship to His Church. Only when we embrace them can we flourish under His created order (Gen. 1:26-28; 2:24; Matt. 19:1-11; 1 Cor. 6:9; Eph. 5:22-33; Heb. 13:4). This position also aligns with the cultural perspectives in our program locations, increasing unity as we serve together.
For the first 22 years of our history—from 1983 to 2005—we were primarily a short-term missions agency engaged in a wide range of ministry activities. In 2005, following Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast, Forward Edge transitioned into a full-fledged relief and development organization with ongoing field programs directed by local leaders in some of the world’s poorest countries. The majority of our short-term missionaries now serve in locations where we have ongoing programs, including Cuba, Haiti, Kenya, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Uganda.
This unique history has positioned us to not only understand what it takes to engage in effective, cross-cultural development, but also provide meaningful mission opportunities that strategically support ongoing programs in the field and contribute towards lasting change. We invite you to be part of God’s unique work through Forward Edge!
Our first mission team served in Prato, Italy where they ministered to recovering drug addicts and shared the Gospel in the local piazzas.
Teams helped construct children’s homes in Guatemala and Nicaragua.
Evangelism teams served in the UK, China, Cuba, Russia, Romania, numerous Summer Olympic Games, and among unreached people groups in Nepal and Tibet.
Dental teams provided care in the remote highlands of Guatemala.
Our first medical team served in Nicaragua.
Teams served on several Native American reservations, including the Crow (Montana), Navajo (New Mexico), and White Mountain Apache (Arizona).
Our first disaster-recovery team served in Florida following Hurricane Andrew.
After the 1999 Balkan War, teams came to the aid of widows and orphans in Kosovo.
Following 9/11, teams served at ground zero in NYC, preparing meals for workers, and manning “prayer stations” nearby.
Teams served the materially poor in Oaxaca, Mexico by pouring concrete floors and performing cataract-removal surgeries that restored sight to the blind.
Our partnership with Mama Beth’s Children’s Program in Kijabe, Kenya began.
More than 3,000 team members were sent to the Gulf Coast to help Katrina survivors rebuild.
A safe-water project was initiated on the Atlantic coast of Nicaragua, drilling wells and providing safe drinking water to thousands.
Villa Esperanza (Hope Village) opened its doors as a home for girls rescued from Nicaragua’s largest open-air garbage dump.
More than 1,000 team members were sent to Haiti after the earthquake that killed more than 200,000 people.
Trigo y Miel (Wheat and Honey), our program for at-risk children in Oaxaca, Mexico was launched.
Our children’s program in Cuba was launched, and a partnership was formed with The Transformation Center which serves the homeless and vulnerable in Baltimore, MD.
Our children’s program in Les Cayes, Haiti was launched, serving children at risk of entering a form of domestic slavery called restavek.
A partnership was formed with Light a Candle Uganda, a program for at-risk children in the slums of Kampala, Uganda.
Domestic disaster-recovery teams served fire, flood, tornado, and hurricane survivors in Alabama, Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and Florida. International disaster-recovery teams also served in the Philippines, Mexico, Haiti, and Nepal.
Our team is made of highly capable and committed staff, and a qualified and engaged board of directors. Our staff members are located at the International Headquarters (IHQ) in Vancouver, WA and in our various field locations.
We are committed to transparency and to responsibly managing the support entrusted to us. Through extensive program evaluation, strategic planning, and board governance, we leverage contributions for maximum impact.
Only 15% of your gift to our programs will be set aside for administration and fundraising costs.
Our children’s programs have proven effective towards long-term, holistic transformation.
Your investment empowers credible nationals caring for their own people & community.
We help the most vulnerable disaster survivors return home (widows, low-income families, single moms, & the elderly).